Conditions of Entry
- MEMBERSHIP – Paid up Full members, Honorary members and Student members for 2019/2020 Season are eligible to submit work.
- ARTWORKS – Due to the limited Gallery space available this year each member may submit TWO artworks only (paintings, drawings, original prints (not giclee), sculptures, and craft in any medium). Maximum frame size 70cm x 70cm approx.
- FRAMING – all framed artworks must be securely framed. and be securely fitted only with mirror plates set mid-way down each side of the back of the frame for hanging purposes. NB: Works which do not comply with these requirements will not be accepted.
- ARTWORK DETAILS –
- An adhesive label with title, artist’s name and price should be stuck to the back of the artwork. Abstract work should indicate on the label which way is up.
- The printed label should be completed with the same details and be securely fixed with string through the hole of one of the mirror plates so that it can be viewed from the front when the work is hung.
- Details on framed artwork schedule must match exactly those on the labels, as the exhibition catalogue is compiled from these and the Association cannot be held responsible for any errors.
- INSURANCE – Whilst all due care is exercised, neither the Association nor Perth Museum and Art Gallery accepts any liability for loss or damage to works during the setting up, duration and taking down of the exhibition. Artists are therefore advised to arrange their own insurance.
- SUBMISSIONS -Should be delivered unwrapped to the Lecture Theatre, Perth Museum and Art Gallery, 78 George Street, Perth, PH1 5LB on SATURDAY 2nd NOVEMBER 2019 between 10.00am-2.00pm
- COMMISSION – All artworks are subject to 30% commission when sold.
- SUBMISSION FEE –£4.00 per painting payable on submission day.
- COLLECTION of unsold artworks – TUESDAY 3rd DECEMBER between 10.00am – 2.00pm. If you are unable to collect, please arrange for someone to collect for you, as there are no storage facilities available to us at Perth Museum and Art Gallery.
Artworks must be delivered along with your entry fee (cash or cheque) to the Lecture Theatre, Perth Museum and Art Gallery, 78 George Street, Perth, PH1 5LB on Saturday 3rd November 2018 between 10.00am-2.00pm
- Awards & Trophies.
Jean Harkess Award for public vote. Awarded after the close of the Exhibition.
Stella Cormie Trophy for Portrait or figurative works. Awarded at the Pre-view evening.
Allan Perera-Liyanage Trophy for watercolour mediums.. Awarded at the Pre-view evening.
The Rodger Prize for a painting depicting Perth/Perthshire (landscape/Townscape/street or buildings) and will be awarded at the Pre-view evening.